1) Campus end-users create a cart/purchase requisition within UGAmart providing Procurement with an accurate description of the item(s) to purchase. The end-user is responsible for providing specifications of the item(s) so that the Procurement personnel can determine what is being requested for purchase. The end-user also needs to include any particular delivery method that is needed and the quantities to be purchased.
2) For purchases between $10,000 and $24,999.99, the end-user should obtain and attach three quotes or justification for procuring without three quotes (i.e. sole source, item only available from two distributors etc.). Procurement will review the requisition and documentation, obtain any additional forms required by federal requirements, and will release a purchase order once all requirements have been satisfied.
3) Within the review, Procurement will ensure that the items requested are not required to be purchased from a mandatory statewide contract or any other required source. However, if the items are required to be purchased utilizing a mandatory statewide contract/other required source, the Procurement Office may submit a waiver to State Purchasing on behalf of the end-user once the end-user has provided substantial justification of benefit to the University.
4) Procurement will issue a purchase order to the end-user’s recommended vendor for these types of purchases, once the following determinations are made:
Responsible University Senior Administrator: Vice President for Finance & Administration
Responsible University Administrator: Procurement Officer
Policy Contact: Annette Evans
Phone Number: 706-542-2361
1) If a department would like a waiver to be requested, the department shall assist the Procurement Office in providing justification to complete the waiver; however, once Procurement receives sufficient justification, Procurement will be responsible for completing and submitting the waiver to State Purchasing for review.
2) Quotes or justification for the lack of quotes should be attached to the internal note or internal attachment portions of UGAmart.
For all other expenditure types, records may include but are not limited to: purchase requests; purchase orders; supplies, and services; and related documentation and correspondence.
Record Copy: Procurement
Retention: 5 years, BOR 0472-03-001