The Accounting Department is responsible for the preparation and interpretation of
all external financial reports, and the preparation and interpretation of all internal
financial reports concerning the university as a whole.
Reason for policy
Financial Reporting procedures at the University of Georgia shall be in accordance
with the policies and procedures of the University System of Georgia.
The Accounting Department is responsible for the preparation and/or review of all
external financial reports including:
- Preparation and publication of the Annual Financial Report of the University.
- Preparation or review of all monthly or quarterly financial reports to be forwarded
to the Board of Regents.
- Preparation of all monthly or quarterly financial reports to be forwarded to the State
- Preparation of Georgia Sales Tax Reports to be forwarded to the Department of Revenue.
- Preparation or review of financial information to be forwarded to Federal Agencies
or Departments (excluding reporting on sponsored programs post award accounting) when
such information is presented in the name of the University of Georgia.
Requests for specialized financial reports and information about regular financial
reports should be addressed to the Accounting Department.
Responsible University Senior Administrator: Vice President for Finance & Administration
Responsible University Administrator: Associate Vice President for University Business and Accounting Services
Policy Owner: Accounting Department
Policy Contact: Allison Davis
Phone Number: 706-542-1197
Citation or Reference: Annual Financial Statements
This series provides a summary and report of fiscal year operations.