Search by Policy Sequence
The University Golf Course is a unit of Auxiliary Services, providing access to the 18 hole golf course, driving range and putting greens on a first-come, first-served basis. Like all units of Auxiliary Services, the University Golf Course derives its authority to operate from University System of Georgia’s Board of Regents policy 7.2.2.
Golf Course access is open to faculty, students, staff, and the general public.
Responsible University Senior Administrator: Vice President for Finance & Administration
Responsible University Administrator: Associate Vice President Auxiliary Services
Policy Owner: Director, Auxiliary Services
Policy Contact: Matt Peterson, Manager – University Golf Course
Phone Number: 706-369-5739
- How are golf course fees determined?
How are course hours of operation determined?
- The Golf Course operates on a cost-recovery basis. Fees are determined by an annual review of operating costs, and capital expenditures. The final decision on fees also take into consideration our customer base, to provide the best possible service. Group outing and event fees are set such that the fee recovers the amount that would have been paid by individual customers during that same time frame. As a result, group outing and event fees vary according to seasonal demand.
Can I rent the course?
- The University Golf Course operates from sunrise to sunset, 7 days per week. The course is closed for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Periodically the course will be closed for maintenance or inclement weather.
What about inclement weather?
- The University Golf Course is available for golf outings as well as other functions and events. Events are scheduled on an as-available basis, and typically must be scheduled several months in advance. Anyone may schedule an event. Fees for events vary according to seasonal demand.
- The Golf Course inclement weather policy mirrors the University inclement weather policy. In the event that inclement weather occurs when UGA is ordinarily closed (during Christmas break for example), the Golf Course manager will determine if the course will be open or closed, and this information will be conveyed on the course website. Additionally, course employees constantly monitor the weather to ensure the safety of our patrons. A detection system is in place to warn customers of approaching lightning. If lightning is detected, play will be suspended until the danger has passed.
For more information, please see our website: http://www.golfcourse.uga.edu. Please see the “Auxiliary Services – Authority to establish and operate” policy for more information about Auxiliary Services.